House plants need fertilizer just like all other plants specially since the nutrients in potting soil eventually get depleted and these plants are not getting nutrients from outdoor soil and rain. Do not wait until your plant is already looking “sick”. Fertilizing needs to be matched with the specific plant, its age and how it is growing. Make sure you save all the information you received when you bought the plant. This should provide you a good outline of all its maintenance needs.Plant food is made of three major components — nitrogen, phosphoric acid, and potassium. It also contains a smaller amount of calcium, magnesium and iron. As a general guideline, green foliage plants need more nitrogen and flowering plants need more phosphorous. Most commercially sold fertilizers are labeled with the ratio of each of these ingredients and will need to be mixed with water. Select appropriately and make sure you follow directions exactly. If in doubt use a more diluted solution rather than less. Remember over-fertilizing, just like over-watering, can harm your plants greatly. But on the other hand if you do not provide sufficient fertilizer your plant will experience stunted growth and become unhealthy and weak. You can… Read full this story
- Biogas waste-to-energy plant proposed for Jessup
- Developer of new Penn North apartments worries about future of affordable housing
- JCB to invest Rs 650 crore on its sixth plant in India located in Vadodara, Gujarat
- Baltimore Art Deco house with mid-century furnishing on the market for $250,000
- Human Urine: Organic Alternative To Chemical Fertilizers
- VW workers at Tenn. plant reject UAW organizing bid
- When did cricket players forget about the nobility of defeat?
- Travel Checklist – How Not to Forget Anything
- Small Business Snapshot: Art of Plants
- General Motors opens new diesel engine plant in Thailand
Do Not Forget to Fertilize Your House Plant have 309 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 3, 2007. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.