A woman from the northern province of Hoa Binh seems to have an astonishing ability to see and even read when blindfolded.
The Research Center for Human Potentiality has confirmed her strange knack after a two-year study.
Hoang Thi Thiem demonstrated her unique skill on Thursday before a large audience of scientists and other researchers in the editorial office of Science and Life newspaper.
First off, with several strips of cloth tied over her eyes, she read an invitation card out loud then some newspaper articles.
Some of the experts expressed surprise; others did not try to hide their doubts. Eventually though, after reading out phone numbers and dialing them, and picking out trinkets and a needle from a tangle of objects, she convinced even the skeptics.
Thiem said she had discovered this ability after joining a yoga class two years ago. When practicing yoga, she had found she could clearly see people around her when her eyes were closed.
“When I’m blindfolded I need to concentrate hard”, she said. “I do not intend to use my special ability to make money. The scientists wanted to test me and I accepted.”
Vu The Khanh, head of the research center, said his people had collaborated with the Institute of Criminal Science to study the case.
Dao Vong Duc, a researcher from Viet Nam’s Physics Academy, said the research had been conducted over a long period of time, adding there were many human capabilities yet to be explored.
- Oregon woman sues Starbucks for $288,000 claiming she was left in need of skin grafts after being scalded by a cup of hot water because the lid was not put on properly
- Woman tells cool story of how Cardinals TE Jermaine Gresham helped her out
- Duterte on kiss with woman: ‘We enjoyed it’
- Colts' Chris McCain charged with battery after allegedly beating woman
- Kareem Hunt accused of shoving woman in dispute
- Woman arrested for allegedly setting small fires at Kauffman Stadium
- Woman charged following odd crime in Royals pitcher's home
- Jaguars’ Marcell Dareus sued for allegedly infecting woman with STD
- Jaguars’ Marcell Dareus accused in lawsuit of giving woman STD
- Louisiana family caged woman with autism, made her eat mother's ashes, court records say
- The woman who is slowly 'turning to STONE': Wheelchair-bound 23-year-old's condition causes muscle and tissue to gradually change into bone
- Doctors remove two maggots from a woman's scalp 'after she felt something wriggling around in the lumps on top of her skull'
Woman Can See When Blindfolded have 403 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at November 4, 2006. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.