The 2001 NASCAR Winston Cup season will be complete by the time Infogrames’ NASCAR Heat hits the Xbox, but the wait may just be worth it.
NASCAR Heat is an officially licensed NASCAR product that will feature 25 big-name drivers, 19 official Winston Cup tracks, and a smattering of diverse gameplay modes. Single race, season, beat the heat, and pro challenge make up the game’s single-player repertoire, while a two-player versus mode will give you the chance to challenge your friends one-on-one in hardtop competition.
Like the PS2 version, NASCAR Heat on the Xbox will feature a normal mode for fun arcade-style racing and an expert mode for true-to-life physics and control. Not only will the game’s visuals portray the effects of realistic car damage, collisions, track impairments, and weather conditions, but the car handling will also reflect such changes as well.
The Xbox version of the game will feature full Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Lucky folks with DD 5.1 decoders will be able to enjoy races where the roar of the engine actually pans across the room and hard-hitting crashes crunch from the front channels in tandem with the deep bass of a subwoofer. Capping things off, Richard Petty is slated to perform crew chief and spotter-radio duties.
As for how the game actually fares on the track, we’ll have to let you know from the E3 show floor, where Infogrames will have its PS2 and Xbox NASCAR titles in full effect.
- E3 2019: Kingdom Hearts 3's DLC, Re:Mind, Releases This Winter
- Biggest Nintendo E3 2019 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild Sequel, Animal Crossing Delay, And More
- Today's E3 2019 Xbox Press Conference To Showcase 14 First-Party Games
- E3 2019: Cyberpunk 2077 For PC Is Digital-Only In US [Update: They Changed Their Minds!]
- E3 2019: New Xbox One Game Pass Releasing Today
- Cyber Monday 2019 Origin PC Deals: Sims 4 For $5, Need For Speed Heat For $40
- Prince Andrew’s father Prince Philip told the royal to ‘take his punishment’ following Epstein scandal: report
- Xbox Project Scarlett: Everything we know about the next-gen game console
- Microsoft only has one next-generation Xbox on the table, not two
- Sony PS4 State Of Play News Roundup: Everything Announced
- Xbox Game Pass Confirmed For PC With New, Day-One Game Releases
- New Xbox Scorpio Console Will Deliver "Really True 4K," Exec Says
E3 2001 Preshow Report: NASCAR Heat have 368 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 17, 2006. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.