Why are they so popular and do they really improve the handling of a car. In theory, when you lower your car, you also lower it center of gravity therefore reducing body roll, thus improving its handling. However, handling characteristic of the car are not only determined by the center of gravity. You also have to consider the dampening system, spring rate, condition of the road, side-walls of your tires, unsprung weight, tire grip, geometry of the suspension and so on.Right now we are only interested in the ever so popular coilover set up. There are a lot of aftermarket manufacturers coming up with different brands and types of coilovers. Coilovers are popular with racers due to their adjustability. You can adjust the right height and in some cases you can also adjust the dampening thus produce superb handling.There are two types of coilovers. They are true coilovers and sleeve type coilovers. True coilovers are a set up where the shocks have a threaded-body, when as the other one utilize a ‘sleeve type’ thread. One of the older, well-known manufacturer for coilovers is H&R. Now, there are different companies such as Tein, Intrax, etc also making coilovers. However, Ground Control… Read full this story
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro review: Class apart, trend setter
- Asian shops shun phone trade-ins on Google suspension worries
- Suspension is costly for Osuna, but should we even care?
- The Pros and Joy-Cons of Each Switch Controller Layout
- The pros and cons of network TV revivals
- News Pros and cons of BOL
- Pros and cons of federalist set-up
- There are pros and cons to buying a home before selling your current one: Ask Joe
- Mortgage brokers vs. banks: the pros and cons
- Pros and cons to high-rise living
Coilover Suspensions - Pros and Cons have 307 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 1, 2005. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.