The contest“Turn off the lights, turn on the ideas 2014″ was launched on 21 January, in Hanoi and called for e “I Will If You Will 2014″ campaign.
- 70 new species of plants, animals discovered in Vietnam in 2014: WWF report
- Vietnamese citizens asked on climate change and energy matters
- Vietnamese citizens share their views on climate change and energy matters
- 70 endangered species discovered in Vietnam
- ASEAN Responsible Business Forum on Food, Agriculture to be held in June
With the theme “For a Green Clean and Beautiful Vietnam”, this year’s contest is to response to Earth Hour 2014, an annual event of the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) which will take place from 20:30 to 21:30 on 29 March, 2014.
The “Turn off the lights, turn on the ideas”slogan is “An Idea, A Shirt, One Planet”.It is not only a T-shirt design contest as in previous years, but also plan for the marketing of the products. 10 best designs will be printed on 1,000 T-shirts and sell on the market. All the profits from the sale will be given to support reforestation fund in 2014 contributing to disaster prevention and climate change mitigation. The T-shirt will be an effective tool to convey an Earth Hour’s message to Vietnam’s youth community.
The message of this year’s campaign is “Let’s Spread The Green”. “I Will If You Will 2014″ aims to raise funds to plant 3,000 mangrove trees in Hue. The event will attract the participation of 3,000 – 5,000 with a purpose of making the Guinness record for the largest number of forest planters in Vietnam. Also, “I Will If You Will 2014″ will call for students to contribute old things so as to raise reforestation fund.