QUANG TRI (VNS)— A sweeping bilateral agreement has been reached between Viet Nam’s central province of Quang Tri and the Savanhakhet province in Laos, pledging further cooperation for 2014-16.
The agreement follows talks held in Dong Ha city yesterday, in which both sides committed to providing favourable conditions for provincial agencies and border businesses, and pledged to research new mechanisms and plans for cooperation.
- One-stop-shop customs piloted at Lao Bao-Densavan Border Gate
- “One-stop-shop” model officially launched at Lao Bao-Densavan gates
- Single-stop inspection system launched at Lao Bao-Dansavanh crossing
- Poor infrastructure hinders border trade development
- Can Gio listed among top 100 sustainable tourism destinations
Under the three-year plan, the two provinces will address current challenges in transport, trade and tourism, while promoting investment and simplifying customs procedures at the Lao Bao-Densavan international border.
A pledge was also made to develop border economic zones at Lao Bao and Densavan, to capitalise on the potential of the East-West Economic Corridor. — VNS