A ceremony to commemorate the 400th death anniversary of Lord Nguyen Hoang was held at the Hue Imperial Citadel on July 10.
|Ceremony to commemorate the 400th death anniversary of Lord Nguyen Hoang. (Photo: SGGP)|
The first Nguyen Lord, Nguyen Hoang has been credited with expanding the Thuan Hoa-Phu Xuan area as well as the other southern area.
- Exploring romantic charm of Hue(VOV) - Hue – an ancient city located in Vietnam’s central region is
- Exploring romantic charm of Hue
- Thua Thien Hue launches two royal cultural destinations
- ADB and Korea support green transport development in Thua Thien - Hue
- Vietnamese tourism market charms foreign visitors
Thuan Hoa and Phu Xuan were the southernmost provinces of the Dai Viet Kingdom, once Lord Nguyen Hoang was appointed head of Thuan Hoa (1511-1558).
Born in 1525, Lord Nguyen Hoang was the second son of Nguyen Kim, a trusted courtier in the Le Dynasty. He was given the title of Duke Doan by King Le.
He ruled the southern provinces of Vietnam from 1558 to 1613.
He was honored by local people in Thuan Hoa and Phu Xuan area, and addressed as Chua Tien. Residents adored him as a tutelary god.